Friday, February 21, 2014

TEK Scope screen is dead

Bad thing just has happened!
I was watching strange signal shape coming out from my just assembled amplifier board when picture on the scope began to jump and scary pops and clicks started to come from my nice scope.
Thunderbolts inside a scope is not a very good sign, right? So another challenge is going to begin.
To be honest I'm not a fan of scope repairing... But high voltage transformer has died tragically.
Couldn't find a transformer like that on the Internet, found just a couple of LCD kits for almost thousand bucks. Well, I believe I can do it for less because the scope has a VGA output and it should be possible to connect a regular LCD to it.
I'm afraid a new LCD would not have better picture than CRT had, but I don't have a lot of options.

I know some people who have such color Tektronix TDS scopes have dead CRTs, so maybe I can find such a folk and give my CRT to him...

No comments:

Post a Comment